Sunday, May 25, 2008

Top 10 Lame excuses for Speeding

10. The only way I could demonstrate my faulty clutch was to accelerate madly.

9. There was a suspected case of foot and mouth and I had to rush to see the cow concerned.

8. A violent sneeze caused a chain reaction where my foot pushed down harder on the accelerator.

7. I had to rush my dying hamster to the vets.

6. The vibrations from the surfboard I had on the roof rack set off the camera.

5. Strong wind behind my car pushed me over the limit.

4. My friend had just chopped his fingers off and I was rushing the fingers to hospital.

3. I was in the airport's flight path and I believe the camera was triggered by a jet overhead, not my car

2. I had passed out after seeing flashing lights, which I believed to be UFOs in the distance. The flash of the camera brought me round from my trance.

1. True story. A Swiss man was caught speeding on a Canadian highway and he said “I was taking an advantage of the ability to go faster without risking hitting a goat".

0 comments: